At Mass every Sunday morning at 11:15, the younger children participate in their own version of the Liturgy of the Word.
With everyone stuck at home due to the coronavirus pandemic, we have been organising weekly sessions of the Children’s Liturgy via Zoom. These are now on hold for the summer break but we will resume the Children’s Liturgy live in September – either in person or online, depending on the public health situation.
We have also brought together our regular resources for the Children’s Liturgy on this page. The latest worksheets and activities are posted on a weekly basis: simply sign up for updates from this website in the box on the right.
After greeting each other, we begin Mass by saying “sorry” for anything we have done wrong over the last week.
We pray together in silence, focused on the candle, speaking directly to God. However small we are, every one of us can speak to God in this way.
We thank God for how good He is to us by singing the “Gloria”. The following recording only works if you take part: you must clap after each “Gloria!”
4. The Gospel Reading and reflection
Each week we listen to a different story from the Gospel — the same one the grown-ups are hearing — and we reflect on it through drawings, puzzles and other activities.
- 17th Sunday of Ordinary Time A – 26 July 2020
- 16th Sunday of Ordinary Time A – 19 July 2020
- 15th Sunday of Ordinary Time A – 12 July 2020
- 14th Sunday of Ordinary Time A – 5 July 2020
- Feast of St Peter and St Paul – 28 June 2020
- 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time A – 21 June 2020
- Corpus Christi – 14 June 2020
- Trinity Sunday – 7 June 2020
- Pentecost Sunday – 31 May 2020
- 7th Sunday of Easter A – 24 May 2020
- 6th Sunday of Easter A – 17 May 2020
- 5th Sunday of Easter A – 10 May 2020
- 4th Sunday of Easter A – 3 May 2020
- 3rd Sunday of Easter A – 26 April 2020
- 2nd Sunday of Easter A – 19 April 2020
- Easter Sunday – 12 April 2020
- Palm Sunday – 5 April 2020
- 5th Sunday of Lent A – 29 March 2020
- 4th Sunday of Lent A – 22 March 2020
5. Return to Mass
After the Children’s Liturgy, we rejoin the rest of the community for Mass.
6. Other resources
If you’re looking for more materials like the ones we use in the Children’s Liturgy, here are some useful links:
- CAFOD Children’s Liturgy
- Maynard’s Groovy Bible Tunes
- St Andrew’s Foundation for Catholic Teacher Education
- and its Twitter handle: #straightouttagalilee
Videos: Starring David, David, Eva, Giacomo, Guglielmo, Jakub, Joana, Marko, Rehen, Rozenne, Sara and Teresa. Produced by the Children’s Liturgy team.