At Mass every Sunday morning at 11:15, the younger children participate in their own version of the Liturgy of the Word.
With everyone stuck at home due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are organising weekly sessions of the Children’s Liturgy via Zoom.
We have also brought together our regular resources for the Children’s Liturgy on this page. The latest worksheets and activities are posted on a weekly basis: simply sign up for updates from this website in the box on the right.
After greeting each other, we begin Mass by saying “sorry” for anything we have done wrong over the last week.
We pray together in silence, focused on the candle, speaking directly to God. However small we are, every one of us can speak to God in this way.
We thank God for how good He is to us by singing the “Gloria”. The following recording only works if you take part: you must clap after each “Gloria!”
4. The Gospel Reading and reflection
Each week we listen to a different story from the Gospel — the same one the grown-ups are hearing — and we reflect on it through drawings, puzzles and other activities.
- 6th Sunday of Easter A – 17 May 2020
- 5th Sunday of Easter A – 10 May 2020
- 4th Sunday of Easter A – 3 May 2020
- 3rd Sunday of Easter A – 26 April 2020
- 2nd Sunday of Easter A – 19 April 2020
- Easter Sunday – 12 April 2020
- Palm Sunday – 5 April 2020
- 5th Sunday of Lent A – 29 March 2020
- 4th Sunday of Lent A – 22 March 2020
5. Return to Mass
After the Children’s Liturgy, we rejoin the rest of the community for Mass.
6. Other resources
If you’re looking for more materials like the ones we use in the Children’s Liturgy, here are some useful links:
- CAFOD Children’s Liturgy
- Maynard’s Groovy Bible Tunes
- St Andrew’s Foundation for Catholic Teacher Education
- and its Twitter handle: #straightouttagalilee
Videos: Starring David, David, Eva, Giacomo, Guglielmo, Jakub, Joana, Marko, Rehen, Rozenne, Sara and Teresa. Produced by the Children’s Liturgy team.