The Children’s Liturgy will recommence at Sunday morning Mass this coming Sunday 4 October 2020, starting at 11:15 – i.e. 15 minutes before Mass itself – in the Garden Room at St Alphonse.
In light of the public health restrictions currently in place due to Covid-19, a framework has been developed following the guidelines set out by the diocese for catechesis during the pandemic and after consultation with both the catechists and the team responsible for sanitary measures in church:
- The Children’s Liturgy will take place in the Garden Room in the courtyard behind the Church.
- The Children’s Liturgy will start at 11:15. This is 15 minutes before the start of Mass in order to allow parents to leave their children at the Garden Room, enter the Church and find their places in good time.
- The number of places at the Children’s Liturgy is limited to 30 children.
- Children will wash their hands at the start of the Children’s Liturgy (hand sanitiser will be provided). They will be seated at tables and any materials used will be disinfected beforehand.
- Children up to the age of six years are not required to wear a face mask but may do so if they wish. Children above the age of six years must wear a mask except when seated. The catechists, helpers and any other adults present must wear a mask at all times.
- Parents of children up to the age of four years will be welcome to stay if they feel it necessary. Parents of children above that age will unfortunately not be able to stay unless agreed with the Children’s Liturgy coordinator (e.g. in case of special needs).
- Places in Church will be reserved for the catechists and any other adults accompanying the Children’s Liturgy.
- The children will return to Church at the Offertory. They will enter from the sacristy door. Parents will be invited to remain in their places but to stand in order for the catechists and helpers to return the children to their families.
Click here for more about the Children’s Liturgy in the International English-speaking Community of the Parish of Luxembourg Notre-Dame.