A reminder that this coming Sunday, 8 March, the English-speaking Community will be joining with Catholic communities across the world in support of equality for women in the Catholic Church.
Our own Archbishop, Cardinal Hollerich, has already expressed his support of greater equality. To read his interview please click here
- Information about the walk:
- We will assemble at the Gelle Fra at 9.30. We will then walk together to the cathedral in advance of 10.00 mass, where we will distribute awareness raising leaflets.
- For those who cannot come at 9.30 they can join the walk outside the cathedral to walk to St. Alphonse at 10.55.
- There will be banners/ placards taken from (Voices of Faith website) distributed at the Gelle Fra.
- Ed will make the mass a celebration of women in the church and the Prayers of the Faithful will reflect the urgent need for equality in order that our church can be fit for purpose for the challenges of the twenty first century.
- Women are asked to wear white. But practically speaking a white top, scarfe, or ribbon will do.
Diaconia (Social Justice) sub-committee.
International English-speaking Community, St. Alphonse.