Our Pastoral Council met yesterday, 11th March, and amongst other things, discussed at length the impact of COVID-19 (Corona virus) on our church community. We have already taken some precautions regarding the Sign of Peace and reception of Holy Communion, and would now add the following:
- Please do not feel under obligation to attend Mass at this time if you are worried about exposure to the virus
- If you are amongst those most vulnerable to the virus (already in poor health, elderly, etc) consider attending Mass on Saturday or Sunday evening — they are much less crowded that the 11:15 on Sunday morning.
- Some groups in our community have already cancelled meetings or events to avoid risk — check to see if something you plan on attending is still being held, or has been cancelled/postponed
- If you stay at home to avoid being in crowds, and you need any kind of support, please contact the parish office
- We are investigating broadcasting a video stream of Sunday Mass, so that you can follow the Mass at home
- There is a possibility at some point that Masses will be cancelled — should this be the case, you will be well advised
Continue to check here on the latest updates.
Thank you for your patience,
Fr Ed & Fr HP, on behalf of the Pastoral Council
Detailed information from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control can be found in the document below, giving a hierarchy of measures to be taken in accordance with levels of risk.