Yesterday, Thursday 12 March, the Luxembourg government published a series of measures attempting to limit the spread of the virus in Luxembourg. Article 5 of the official document states: “From 13 March and until 31 March until further notice:
• Events in confined spaces with more than 100 people are prohibited
• Events in non-confined spaces with more than 500 people are prohibited”
This obviously affects our Masses; even if we cancelled only the 11:15, we can’t guarantee that fewer than 100 people would come to either of the evening Masses. With much regret, we have to announce that until further notice:
- Our 3 weekend Masses are suspended
- All other parish group activities suspended
- St Patrick’s Day Procession and Mass is cancelled
These are clearly challenging and worrying times — so we respond to them not only by taking all the precautions we can to preserve our health and that of those around us, but also in faith and with prayer. We will shortly publish a prayer that we can all say each day, individually or with our families, and hopefully will be able to video-stream a (small) Mass or prayers from St Alphonse
The parish office remains open for business as usual
Updates will, of course, be published here.
Thank you once again for your understanding and faith.
Fr Ed, along with Fr HP, all of our Pastoral Council